It seems I found a media news that relates with music. The Worldwide Independent Network (WIN) has made a digital deal declaration that will treat artists fairly in agreements that relate with their works in recording music. The campaign will follow on Twitter “@winformusic” with the hashtag #fairdigitaldeal4artists.
There are 5 points the declaration from WIN:
- “We will ensure that artists’ share of download and streaming revenues is clearly explained in recording agreements and royalty statements in reasonable summary form.
- We will account to artists a good-faith pro-rata share of any revenues and other compensation from digital services that stem from the monetization of recordings but are not attributed to specific recordings or performances.
- We will encourage better standards of information from digital services on the usage and monetisation of music.
- We will support artists who choose to oppose, including publicly, unauthorized uses of their music.
- We will support the collective position of the global independent record company sector as outlined in the Global Independent Manifesto”.